Frozen Banana Popsicles

filled with chocolate spread


I´m always on the hunt for healthy snacks for my children, even more during holidays becuase they are constantly opening the fridge for something to snack on..

Siempre estoy a la caza de snacks saludables para mis hijos, durante el verano aún más, ya que están de vacaciones y abren constantemente la nevera para picar algo ..



These Frozen Banana Popsicles are so easy to make, relatively quick and healthy.. What more do you need in life? Maybe a 2 week holiday on a cruise.. that would be nicer..lol

Estos polos de plátano congelado son tan fáciles de hacer, relativamente rápido y saludable .. ¿Qué más se puede pedir en la vida? Tal vez 2 semanas de vacaciones en un crucero .. sería mejor .. jaja




As you guys can see in the photos above, I used colourful sprinkles, shredded coconut, crushed peanuts and Oreos to decorate my Frozen Banana Popsicles with.. and filled then with double chocolate (a combo of milk & white).. Yum Yum!

Como ustedes pueden ver en las fotos de arriba, he usado sprinkles de colores, coco rallado, cacahuetes triturados y Oreos para decorar mis polos de plátano congelado .. y el mío lleno con chocolate doble (de leche y blanco) .. Mmmmmm!


FROZEN BANANA
POPSICLES
filled with Chocolate spread


¡Clic aquí para ver/imrpimir la receta en Español!


Ingredients:
(makes 8 popsicles)

  • 4 bananas (cut in half = 8 popsicles)
  • 300g melted dark chocolate (I added a little sunflower oil to make it more runny)
  • chocolate spread (any brand), I used a mix: white and milk chocolate
  • for Decoration: sprinkles, shredded coconut, crushed peanuts & Oreos
  • popsicle sticks

Method:

Take 1 half banana, cut it in half (lengthwise) and spread some chocolate spread on it. Put the popsicle stick on it until a ⅓ way up, top with the other half of the banana and freeze on a piece of wax paper for at least 1 hour. It needs to be frozen solid to ensure the popsicle stick is secure. Now cover your frozen bananas on their sticks with melted chocolate. I used a tablespoon for this as it worked better than dipping the banana into the chocolate. Work fast with your decoration as the chocolate sets very quickly. Leave to set further. ENJOY! These are an easy, healthy snack (well without the chocolate spread), and perfect for summer!!
ps. Leave them outside the fridge for about 10 minutes before eating as the banana might be too hard to bite into ;-)


Here are some photos I took when I filled the bananas with the double chocolate spread..

Aquí están algunas fotos que tomé cuando me rellené los plátanos con doble de chocolate ..




I wanted to post this already yesterday but half of the photos I took the previous day look much better on my camera´s flip-out screen than on my laptop.. hence the delay ;-) but hey it´s going up today so at the end it was all ok.......

Yo quería escribir este post ayer, pero la mitad de las fotos que tomé el día anterior se ven mucho mejor en pantalla de mi cámara que en mi portátil .. de ahí el retraso;-) pero hey, las pongo hoy así que al final todo fue bien .......


Until next time guys. I hope you´re having a super summer so far.. I´m loving spending time with my kids :-)

Hasta la próxima. Espero que estéis teniendo un súper verano hasta ahora .. me encanta pasar tiempo con mis hijos :-)



Labels: