Pineapple Fridge Tart


Today´s recipe is something that takes me right back to my childhood as my mother made this every year on our birthdays.. 

La receta de hoy es algo que me lleva de vuelta a mi infancia ya que mi madre lo hacía esto todos los años en nuestros cumpleaños ..


PINEAPPLE FRIDGE TART.. so easy to put together and really delicious, especially during the warmer months.. I´ve made a few changes to my mother´s original way of making it but I believe the changes make this delicious fridge tart even better!

TARTA FRÍA DE PIÑA .. tan fácil de poner juntos y realmente deliciosa, especialmente durante los meses de verano .. He hecho algunos cambios a la original de mi madre, pero creo que los cambios hacen que esta tarta esté aún mejor!


PINEAPPLE FRIDGE TART

¡Clic aquí para el version en Español!


Ingredients:


  • 1 tin of pineapple (just the fruit)
  • 250ml of syrup from the tin of pineapple (heated up for 60-90 secs in the microwave)
  • 1 tin of condensed milk
  • 1 pack of pineapple or lemon jelly (jello)
  • 1 pack of digestive biscuits
  • 75g of melted butter without salt
  • 300ml whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons of white sugar


Method:


Put your bowl, whisk attachment and cream into the freezer to chill to use later to make your whipping cream (I always do this when I make whipping cream). Crush your biscuits and add your melted butter. Mix well together and line a tart dish with the mixture. Use your hands to make sure the biscuit crust is compact. Leave to set in the freezer while preparing the rest of the tart. Drain your pineapple and heat up the syrup from the tin in the microwave for aprox. 60-90 secs until warm/hot but not boiling. Use to mix with the jelly powder and make sure all the jelly powder is dissolved properly. Leave to one side to cool (not in the fridge). Blend your pineapples in a kitchen blender until puree. When the jelly has cooled, add the pineapple puree and condensed milk and mix well. Pour your pineapple mix on top of your biscuit crust and put into the fridge to set. Now it´s time to whip up your cream. Use your stand/hand mixer on medium speed, when the cream starts to froth, increase the speed to medium-high. When you have reached soft peaks, start adding your white granulated sugar slowly, continue to beat until you have reach hard peaks (when you put the bowl upside down the cream needs to stay put.. that is when you know you have reached “hard peaks”). Leave the cream in the fridge until the tart has set and then top the tart with it! I used my Wilton 1M tip to pipe these beautiful whipped-cream roses :-) Now time to enjoy.. Yummmmmmmmmm ;-)




I also made these cute pom poms with summer-printed serviettes I bought in Primark.  It´s a cute way to spruse-up your outside area during the summer months by hanging pom poms made with the same colours/matching serviettes over/around your table to ensure everything ties nicely together..

También hice estos pompones lindos con servilletas coloridos que compré en Primark. Es una forma linda para que se vea mejor su área al aire libre durante los meses de verano, colgando dichos pompones hechos con los mismos colores/servilletas a juego, sobre/alrededor de tu mesa asegurándose que todos los lazos estén bien atados juntos ..


Until next time.. I hope you all are having a great weekend! My new project is still in working process and I hope to share the 1st part of it with you all very soon.. because it´s new to me it´s taking longer than I thought it would but I want to make sure I do it right.. hence the delay.. please be patient with me.. Kisses to y´all!

Hasta la próxima vez .. Espero que todos ustedes estén teniendo un gran fin de semana! Mi nuevo proyecto aún se encuentra en proceso de trabajo y espero poder compartir la primera parte de él con todos vosotros muy pronto .. porque es nuevo para mí está tomando más tiempo de lo que pensé que lo haría, pero quiero asegurarme de que lo hago bien .. de ahí el retraso .. Por favor, tenga paciencia conmigo .. Besos a todos ustedes!





Labels: