Red Velvet Hot Chocolate

This is my 2nd post for Valentines Day 2014.. and I think by now you all can see I´m a "sucker" for Romance.. I just love LOVE :-) When hubby & I 1st got married (in the days before changing diapers..) we use to make turns on a monthly basis to organize a romantic evening.. He (Humberto a.k.a. Hubby) isn´t as romantic as I am so he didn´t always live up to my romantic expectations (lol) but.. we did celebrate some very special times ;-)

Este es mi segundo post para el Día de San Valentín 2014 .. y creo que por ahora todos pueden ver que realmente me encanta el romance .. Lo amo :-) Cuando mi marido y yo nos casamos (en los días antes de cambiar pañales ..) solíamos turnarnos para organizar alguna velada romántica .. Él (Humberto alias Hubby) no es tan romántico como yo, así que no siempre estuvo a la altura de mis expectativas románticas (jaja), pero .. celebramos momentos muy especiales;-)



About a year ago I stumbled upon the www.SugarHero.com blog as I was searching for some ideas on a mint & chocolate cake I wanted to make.  The moment I found her (Elizabeth) blog I couldn´t stop myself checking her archive of recipes.. "amazing!" is all I can say.. since that day  I´ve been back every new blog post.. I love her recipes and her wit and I think it´s not too forward to say we´ve become friends in the blogosphere (if that is not so Elizabeth please don´t say so..lol) anyway.. to get to my actual point: recently she posted a few hot chocolate recipes which inspired me to create this RED VELVET HOT CHOCOLATE :-)

Hace aproximadamente un año me encontré con el blog www.SugarHero.com mientras estaba buscando algunas ideas sobre una tarta de menta y chocolate que quería hacer. Cuando encontré su blog (el de Elizabeth) no podía dejar de mirar su archivo de recetas .. "increíble!" es todo lo que puedo decir .. Desde ese día he vuelto a cada nueva entrada del blog .. Me encantan sus recetas y su ingenio y yo creo que no es demasiado atrevido decir que hemos hecho amigos en la "blogoesfera" (si eso no es así Elizabeth por favor, no lo digas .. jaja) de todos modos .. para llegar a mi punto real: recientemente ha publicado un par de recetas de chocolate caliente que me inspiraron para crear esta CHOCOLATE CALIENTE DE RED VELVET :-)





RECIPE (hagan clic aquí para el versión en Español)
enough to make 2 mugs

Ingredients:




Method:

Warm the milk, cream, sugar & cocoa on medium heat on stove top stirring at times. While your mixture is heating up, whisk your cream for the topping in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (when I whip cream I always leave my cream, bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer until well cooled before whipping) by starting on low medium speed and once bubbles form, gradually increase the speed to medium high.. whip until medium peaks form.. As soon as your milk mixture starts to simmer, take it off the heat & quickly add the chopped white chocolate. When the chocolate has melted, add the vanilla essence and colorant. Top with the whipped cream and serve while hot! 

This homemade hot chocolate drink has the texture of velvet.. matches its title perfectly ;-)  Hope this recipe inspires you to make authentic hot chocolate from now instead of the "granulated" type.. I know I will.. Ah! Did you guys manage to spot the heart brownies on the 1st photo (and the 1 here below)? They are made of the same batch of my previous post but I used heart cookie cutters to cut them out and covered them with the same ganache.. chocolate on chocolate.. nothing wrong with that.. goes perfectly with the hot chocolate ;-)

Esta bebida de chocolate casero caliente tiene la textura de terciopelo .. su nombre pega perfectamente;-) Espero que esta receta te inspire para hacer un auténtico chocolate caliente a partir de ahora en lugar del tipo "granulado" .. Yo se que sí .. ¡Ah! ¿Ustedes se dieron cuenta de los brownies con forma de corazón en la primera foto (y el 1º de aquí abajo)? Fueron hechos en el mismo lote de mi post anterior pero he usado cortadores de galletas corazón para recortarlas y los cubrí con el mismo ganache .. chocolate en el chocolate .. nada de malo en eso .. va a la perfección con el chocolate caliente;-)













Labels: